He responded, " That's a better explanation than I've ever heard."
18. And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
19. And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20. And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
21. And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22. And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Translated as "rib": may not be totally accurate
Took his curve?
Translated as "flesh": limited by English
Notice the gender (suffix) of the Latin word: Not "um" (it, neutral) ; Not "o" (he, masculine) ; "a" (she, feminine) .
- Thoughts on the "Curve":
- Half of his feelings
- Half of his understanding and/or mind
- Half of his humanity
- Half of his sexuality
- Half of his you name it
Have you ever noticed that there are some things that a woman comprehends automatically and a man cannot grasp at all? and vice-versa? . "I have half a mind to..."
Men have a tendency to look at things straight-on, and women look at the same things from the side. Neither view is complete. "I have half a mind to..."
Men tend to scatter things and/or place them in categories. Women put everything in the same box. "I have half a mind to..."
Genesis 2:24. "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."
A man has a drive to put himself back together (to-get-her)
A man is not complete until he's married... Then he's finished.